Lydia Fernandes is a Personal Brand Strategist and an award-winning women’s leadership advocate who helps women entrepreneurs and leaders uncover their “wow factor” to market themselves smarter and with a higher degree of confidence.
Drawing on over 15 years combined experience in coaching and adult education, Lydia has helped some of the most talented yet underrepresented individuals raise their professional profile and clearly communicate their business impact in an increasingly competitive marketplace. She is a master at helping people “connect the dots” and igniting confidence, empowerment and possibilities. Lydia is recognized for her authentic, intuitive, supportive and highly energetic style in both individual coaching and workshop facilitation.
“Lydia’s energy could power a small country…or a big one. She backs up that energy with talent, excellent communications skills, and results. Her efforts have directly led to the globalization of our project.” -Kathy Korman Frey, Adjunct Professor at GWU and Founder of The Hot Mommas® Project
What makes Lydia an active force in Canadian women’s leadership? In addition to her core personal branding practice and openly sharing her own woman-journey, Lydia’s passion to help raise the status of women and girls in Canada includes projects and pursuits such as:
- Canadian Manager and 1st Canadian Case Author for the Hot Mommas® Project – the world’s largest online library of role models for women & girls housed at GW University in Washington, D.C.
- Recipient of the 2011 TIAW World of Difference 100 Award for positively impacting the economic empowerment of women
- Recipient of the “Women Helping Women Award” – George Washington University School of Business, Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence
- Co-developed curriculum for & delivered a personal leadership program for immigrant women, increasing clients’ rating of self-insight by nearly 100% by the end of the program
- Coaching & mentoring low income women in the start-up phase of entrepreneurship on personal branding and effective communication skills
Learn more about her company: www.motivmode.com